DrillCOMM™ Sub and KONNECT™ Downhole Network
KINETIC Upstream’s DrillCOMM-KONNECT™ Network enables real-time communications between a variety of customer MWD systems and KINETIC’s own KONTOUR™ rotary steerable system.
Real-Time Communications Capability
The KONTOUR™ RSS has achieved successful communication compatibility with various globally distributed and accomplished mud pulse MWD and EM technologies.
These MWD, EM, and LWD systems can be utilized with the KONTOUR™ Rotary Steering System utilizing Kinetic’s DrillCOMM™ Sub and KONNECT™ downhole network.
Flexible, Economical Drilling and Measurements
DrillCOMM-KONNECT™ enables drillers to access a flexible, economical drilling and measurements solution that may include MWD, LWD, and/or other downhole drilling technology of their choosing in conjunction with the KINETIC KONTOUR™ Automated Steering System.
Persistent Network Expansion
KINETIC Upstream Technologies is persistently expanding our DrillCOMM™ - KONNECT™ network offering options, working closely with select MWD and LWD companies, making our customer’s jobs easier and more cost-effective.
Collaboration Ensures Enhancement of Offerings
Collaboration with drilling and measurement service providers equally enhances and enriches the combined solution offerings as we continue to improve and expand this technology.
Service Providers compatible with the KINETIC KONTOUR™ Automated Steering System through the DrillCOMM™ Sub and KONNECT™ will have an enhanced offering that will:
- Enables reliable uplink and downlink communications
- Allow wireless linking between BHA components that improve the speed and reliability of data transmission
- Allow for short, customized BHA designs for better near-bit sensor and directional performance
- Enable any mud motor configuration to be run below the MWD, avoiding MARS BHA configurations
- Distribute inclination, azimuth, pressure, and vibration sensors along with the BHA
KINETIC Upstream Technologies is the best Automated drilling solution.
Historically, high end drilling technologies like Rotary Steerable Systems were designed to attend high dollar offshore operations. Land Operators were forced to sacrifice performance to save cost.
KINETIC Upstream Technologies is a game changer, we combine unique Engineered technologies with a back-to-basics philosophy in collaboration with industry innovators. We provide solutions to markets looking to increase drilling efficiency, improving wellbore placement and accuracy, increasing effective pay zone exposure, resulting in production gains and better ROIs.
We offer Unique Features and Benefits that set us apart from competitors
- KINETIC systems are rated for 175˚c /347˚f
- KINETIC systems achieve higher Dog leg rates than most systems in the market, up to 17deg/100ft
- KINETIC systems are engineered to achieve a Vertical, Curve and Lateral wellbore profile. “One Run- One BHA”
- KINETIC systems are designed to be remote location serviceable at the lowest cost to maintain
- KINETIC’s wireless short hop open architecture enables customers to utilize their own MWD/LWD, PDM, and Bit technologies seamlessly with KINETIC
- KINETIC unique automated self-steering systems incorporate AI learning algorithms for accurate directional control
KINETIC™ systems are NOT the limiting design factor in your drilling string!
Here are the reasons :
- No backpressure requirements for steering control
- 500+ RPM capacity
- No LCM limits
- 800 GPM flow rate capacity
- Not vulnerable to stick slips